FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an idea that maybe will help a lot of people.
I just don't know enough car to find all the information for doing this swap. So, I'm asking you, the pro, if you can make a list of thing that need when doing the LX/GT to GTX swap.
If you can include where to find the piece, if they are obligatary or just add-on, there price, etc.
With the help of all, I think we can make that list! Hope you find my idea good :p

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
My first suggestion would be for the LX ---> GTX swap would be to just buy a 2.0 SPI engine and get a turbo kit.

But for the GT ---> GTX swap You would need the engine, transmission and ECU. (You don't even need the ECU, you could rechip and program your GT ECU & get a stand alone engine management system for fuel and spark.)

To just turbo your 1.8L DOHC GT motor, you would need a turbo, intercooler, all the piping necessary, CAI, cat-back exhaust (preferrably 2.5-3" system depending on setup and amount of boost), racing cat for max power, a turbo timer, an ignition system, a set of cooler spark plugs, new and higher capacity injectors and fuel pump, and it probably wouldn't hurt to have oil, temp, volt, boost gauges.

Depends on how far you go, if you're going to rebuild the engine you could get stonger pistons/rods, turbo spec'd camshafts, cam gears, metal gaskets, a port and polish job, GTX intake, etc.

I like your idea man, but there's so many different ways to go about getting a turbo under the hood, each application will be different in execution.

This help any?? :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hum, I was thinking more a list than some text :p
I know there is some other option than the GTX, but, would kinda fun to have a list of item need for the swap and there place to buy it. So, when people want to do there swap, they just come see this list, go to the web site, buy and beging to the do the swap. Will be more easy for noob like me that don't know much on engine and turbo'ing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.