FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this from a friend and it died on him on the highway. it just wont start. its a 95 auto with 170

i put on a new timing belt, for some reason the cam faces down at tdc instead of up but this happened on my other car which runs fine.

i checked the spark and it had no spark & found out the crankshaft sensor had a wire that came off. i rewired them and it still wont start, sounds better as i think i hear the ignition working but thats about it.

i checked the fuel pressure with the guage i have for it and i turn the key a few times then leave it on. pressure hits about 23 drops to 15 quick then slowly drops to zero. either way the pressure drops.

i tryed it on the car i drive and first prime it got 20 and when i primed it a few times it hits about 35. it didnt drop

the fuel pressure regulator didnt have a vaccum line and manifold vaccum line had a tiny piece that was plugged up with a screw. i put a vaccum line on right, still wont start

checked the compression 150 180 180 180, i got the passenger side jacked up still, didnt try a wet compression.

the muffler is bent from towing it and the flex pipe broke off

any ideas?

·
Registered
107 Posts
make SURE that you have good spark. after that, give it a shot of ether and see if it fires.

the recipe for running:

Fuel
air
compression
spark

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool got it started.

i put in a different fuel rail off an intake mani i had sitting. when i primed it i could hear it slurping up gas and after the 3rd try she fired up. :) good deal

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
It doesnt matter that the cam was facing 180 degrees away from where the specs say to have it. If you turned the crankshaft one more complete turn, the cam marker that was pointing down (when piston #1 was at TDC), would then be pointing up; and the crankshaft would have piston #1 at TDC again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts