FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That when you first start out modifying cars, you get so excited about parts you buy. But eventually you end up with a bunch of aftermarket stuff that you dont even use, and you really dont care that it cost alot of money and now it just sits around.

I've got like 3 different CD decks lying around various parts of the house and garage, amps, subs..... stuff a newbie would be shitting all over themselves for and I dont really care about it. Its just lying around.

Strange how you get used to having car stuff all over the place.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
StealthStyle said:
That when you first start out modifying cars, you get so excited about parts you buy. But eventually you end up with a bunch of aftermarket stuff that you dont even use, and you really dont care that it cost alot of money and now it just sits around.

I've got like 3 different CD decks lying around various parts of the house and garage, amps, subs..... stuff a newbie would be **** all over themselves for and I dont really care about it. Its just lying around.

Strange how you get used to having car stuff all over the place.
lol

I have 3 "major" projects going on right now. 91 Mustang, an 83 LTD II station wagon, and my 95 Tracer wagon. Between the three I probably have over $15,000 worth of performance parts just littering my shop, my bedroom, and my garage at home. Everything from from huge 13 inch 4 piston brembo brakes, to overpriced high compression JDM engines, to a sweet Vortech supercharger setup with a custom made front mount intercooler.. to name just a few. I dropped my supercharger on my foot today, was actually pissed for a moment that I had it and it was taking up space in my room!

I think I have "Automotive ADD". Get started with one project, buy eveything, lose interest for a while, start another project, buy all the parts while tripping over the parts you bought for the previous project..

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever finish something with out starting on another project!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I just try to fix the stuff thats broken, but my friend is like that. He has 5 12" subs a 1400W amp all this fiberglass for making a custom holder for this stuff and he just goes mudding everyweekend, theres noticable dust on the subs. I ask him about buying them. And every week he says, No I swear Im installing them this weekend.

Or take my parents house 5 years they've been working on it. Just a lot of distractions when there is sooo much to do, its a work out thinking about what to work on next.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
yea i have had my nitrous for liek 3 months or more and im just now installing the rest of it...i still have axels and a new trans to put in.. man since i started working more, its liek i just dont wanna take the time. but yea stealthscort, i se what u mean, i was pointing it out to kevin when i had mutiple tbs, intake, exhaust manis, axels, ac compresor, condeser, tranny, etc etc etc i could go on and on.. lol if ya'll want some 3g parts.. hit me up guys! lol
-Justin

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I've been the complete opposite! LOL! I put everything in the first possibly chance I have. I had my subs installed the day I got my amp. I put my CAI on the day after I bought it. I put my deck in the day I got that. I put my rims and tires on as soon as I got them, etc..... The only thing lying around right now are my FEOA stickers, and that's just cause my car is a mess! LOL! The only thing that took me a long time to get to were my lights under the car, which were crap neways! I think I'm just gonna somehow wire them into my room or something! they're decent, but not great.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Josh_LX said:
I have a complete rust free dent free body for my 1954 dodge, just wating for me to find some time :wink:
lol, sounds like my 91 Mustang.

Original 5.0 5-speed coupe with 53K miles on it.. no rust, no nothing.. stripped to almost a bare shell right now.. getting a complete "100 point" resto of the body and undercarriage.. had it for 6 years now.. have yet to drive it, when it finally gets done, it's gonna be a showcar by default. It's a Midlife crisis just waiting to happen.. probably end up dumping like 30 grand into it when I'm in my 30's and want to feel young again :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts