FEOA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This picture.... can anyone tell which it is?

·
Registered
457 Posts
They look the same so the only way of telling the difference is to look at engine tag on the block. Other than that they isnt a way to look and tell.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the intake manifolds were different?

Maybe missing emissions? I have no idea what they're supposed to look like, so i'm lost. :(

·
Registered
457 Posts
The intake manifold runner size is larger. The camshaft has a higher lift. Nothing is very noticable to the eye except the engine tag

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Gotcha.

It's been verified that it is in fact a Eunos 800 manifold, i'm sending a buddy out to check the tag for me.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I believe it is a KLDE. From what I have heard about identifying them the KLZE does not have the bend in the intake manifold where the tb attaches. Also the KLZE does not have egr at all. It could be a KLZE motor with a KLDE intake manifold though, since that would make the fitment better.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
I have read that depending on the car the motor came out of it can have the intake with the bend. It basically a KL-ZE with the bent intake. The heads should say KL-31 somewhere on them.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
madmatt2024 said:
I found this in that thread you liked to. http://geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html
It says the curved neck KLZE makes the same power but has KLDE cams.
Hrmm... nifty. Seller says it came out of a JDM Millenia, so the Eunos 800 i guess.

I wonder what would happen if i put the "KLZE" cams in it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts