FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been wondering about this for a while. Does anyone else on here have rust on the interior of the car? My seat brackets have rust on theme, some of the bolts, and the trunk area. Now it's not a flaking heavy rust, just kind of surface area rust. I thought about getting a Carfax for mine to see where it was or came from, but never did. Anyone else have this? Seems weird to have it there unless there was water in the car at some point IMO. Not sure, just wondering.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Probably surface rust from winter/rainy weather. Or from humid conditions. Just like a gun will rust if not taken care of, and just who takes care of their seat mounts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought it might be normal, but wasn't sure. You just notice little things when you've got a used car. There was a ton of leaves and debris around the wiper area when I bought the car that needed a shop vac to suck out. My car needs a new wiper cowl cover as its broken all to pieces and anything and everything falls into the firewall area.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 pm
Post subject:

It's because they are bare metal

Mine are painted black not bare metal, and they still have a light coating of rust.
Think where these puppies are at, down by your muddy feet, and they don't get any care whatsoever.

Really not an issue unless you expect the car is a flood car, and even then if it runs good and doesn't smell like a swamp not big deal.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess if might be a good time to remove the carpet and spray some rust inhibitor and/or Rhinoliner or something on the floor to stop the rust. I should look under there too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Give a real close look at the area where your left foot would be. Right at the corner where the floor starts to bend up going under the dash, clear over on the left hand side.

Check same area on passenger side only the other way around, close to the right hand side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.