FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i got pulled over by a fake cop the other day...
it was an unmarked crown vic..........unsuited gentleman, told me he was off duty, and was in a hurry to go home........and his "sirens/lights" where straight red....aren't they red and blue????

anyway, i got 'pulled over' for speeding.........didn't realize he was behind me..........he 'clocked' me at 61 in a 25.............36over...

still don't think it was a cop, but this is my wake up call...

i've gone and down alot of crazy ****, and have NEVER gotten a ticket *knocks on wood*...i've broken so many laws and got away w/ it, and now, i need to chill b/c i have had a lot of close calls......so, unless something happens my speeding til i turn 18 will be left to a minimum...

anyways....just letting off some steam....

i'm sore head to toe, sore throat runny nose, headache sense 10pm last night, and a lot of other crazy ****...

catch ya later...

Eric

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, i didn't get a ticket for my speeding offense....

and also, i think i was doing 70...another thing that tells me he wasn't a cop......i dunno.....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hi - Good to see another 'Eric' out there. Your 'cop' does sound a bit iffy but if he was legitimate you were lucky!! Did he get your name/address/'phone? :?

Take care of that fluey stuff!

Penny

·
Registered
710 Posts
Whether he was off-duty or not, he coulda/shoulda thrown you in the slammer. Or called for an on-duty officer to handle the booking.

Sounds more likely you got pulled by a member of the fire department, possibly a chief or someone in emergency response. He wouldn't have the authority to pull you over or call for back-up, but obviously wanted to send you some sort of message, which you seem to have gotten.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that's what i thought.......the crown vic didn't appear to be police issue anyway...looked like the ones the old ppl buy from the ford dealer...

but anyway.........thnx all...

foxy he didn't get any of my info......

still recovering from my 'flu'....woke up this morning, w/ the worst kind of pain....sore back, sore neck.....guess that what i get for going to school, and going to bed at like 5pm, and not waking up til 6am the next day.....and now i'm slightly recovered, but now i'm just in a bad mood....hmmmmm

anyway, catch ya later.....

Eric

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ha, sounds like you're buying the rounds this weekend with luck like that. It really sounds like you were pulled over by a local fireman though. Only red lights would be my clue. When it comes down to it as well, he could have gotten in trouble for pulling you over with his "fire department" red lights. They can't do that.

Have fun though, and LOL.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
More than likely it was a firefighter...maybe the chief or some high ranking official.

All red lights are firetrucks and ambulances, red and blue are cops and a single blue light is either a cop in an unmarked car or a volunteer firefighter.

Fort Wayners have to worry about Late model Camaro Z28s, motorcycles, Chevy Minivans (seriously...lol), Crown Vics and now Chevy Impalas. Biggest difference is the hubcaps, all cop cars around here have black caps, whilest consumer Crown Vics and Impalas have the shiney rims.
We also have to worry about Pinkerton/Burns security people as well. My friend used to be a security guard for them, he pulled a few people over for doing like 70 in a 30... if they see you speeding recklessly they can pull you over. But they have to call for a cop, and then the ticket money goes to the city. :p

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
All red lights are firetrucks and ambulances, red and blue are cops and a single blue light is either a cop in an unmarked car or a volunteer firefighter.
It varies by state. In NC, cops use solid Blue lights. In PA, cops use Blue and Red lights.. in NY, cops use solid Red lights.

You may have been pulled by a NY cop out of his jurisdiction.. just pissed because he couldn't really do anything.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeh, did you get the plates or anything? If you ever have any doubts, ask for his badge or some sort of ID, if he was a plain clothed cop, he would have expected you to doubt it.

You think you guys have trouble with unmarked cars? I saw an old dirty as hell, late 80's ford tempo pull up to an accident scene with flashing headlights and red and blue lights in the grill, I was amazed. And just the other day I saw a purple completely unmarked ford taurus pull someone over, the only thing that gave it away were little strobes in the front fender and red and blue lights in the grill. Damn sneaky cops :p I've been thinking about applying the state academy though so I could see how it is on the other side :)

Oh yeh, and someone sent me one of those chain letter things a while back, I don't know if it was legit or not, but the story was something like this lady saw someone in her rear view mirror who had flashing red and blue lights, it didn't look like a normal cop car, so she had remembered something her friend told her a while back. If you're ever in any doubt that it is a real cop behind you, you have the right wait until you get to a populated area before you pull over, and you can call *77 (i think that was the number) on your cell phone, it should connect you to someone that will tell you if there is actually a cop behind you or not.

Enough of my ramblings :) Have fun and drive safe.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well hell..........maybe i should have asked him for his badge........i now feel like a sucker.....

the guy didn't act like a police officer to begin w/........he didn't have the 'attitude'

anyway......i'll list what i've gotten away w/ and you tell me if i deserve a ticket...

~120 in a 45
~120 in a 65
~90 in a winding 25
failing to follow traffic signs
~130 in a 45/55/65 (i went thru 3 different sections at 130mph)
wreckless driving...well not really in my opinion the car is always under control...

and i'm sure the list goes on for another 12 pgs....

ha...anyway...catch ya all later....

Eric

·
Registered
911 Posts
see... i dont keep track of waht the speed limit is...

regarldess of bein on the highway, freeway, backgroads, town streets, downtown.... i dont care where i am....my speed limit is 80....

if i can do it, i go to 80.

Theres only one place where i just wont speed, hell i dont even drive there. New Rome, a suburb of columbus is notorious for patrol...I hate it everytime im even close to there because i can just feel those pigs around.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
At the outlet mall here there security rent a cop car is a camaro its hurt up half of it is blue and the other half is yellow and is says security all over it.the other day we tried to get him to spin tires after he kicked us out for skateboarding the benches there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was recently suprised to find thet Washington law permits any law enforcement official to enforce any state local or federal law wheather they are in thier jurisdiction or not.I will not be speeding(as much) past cops from other city's when I'm on the freeway any more. I want a crown vic to use as a road service car.Then I could have red/amber lights on it for use on the side of the freeway. I could hide behind the towing rules that say "when in a life threatening situation the operator may use red lights to warn approaching traffic." Plus it'd be fun to scare my friends.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey All.

I actually looked into something sorta like this after having a buddy who was a fire chief. Here in NY I know the chiefs can have solid red lights, and usually flashing lights get attention. His last two cars were a blue crown vic and a white caprice, each with a light bar. He wouldnt pull people over but they would all slow down thinking he was a cop.

At any rate, the whole idea behind the post is that in NY state it is illegal for an unmarked police car to pull you over for any type of minor traffic offense. Yeah, good old governor Pataki did it because there were criminals pulling over people with blue or red lights.

So, I agree with everyone else who said it was just a safety guy who wanted to teach you a lesson. I guess he just didnt want to have to show up when he was on duty as a fireman.

~Bug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts