FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
hahahaha!

I LOVE it! I wish it had the balls to do that to my intake. I want to run a ram air through a hood scoop seeing as i just custom built a cold air box the other day.

that is even better!

What about guting the headlight and using it as a scoop to run into the filter? just a thought....

DAVE 91EGT

·
Registered
59 Posts
on_dnbe said:
hahahaha!

I LOVE it! I wish it had the balls to do that to my intake. I want to run a ram air through a hood scoop seeing as i just custom built a cold air box the other day.
DAVE 91EGT
Wow.. i have heard of people removing corner lamps, but the whole healight, that is gutsy...

where doy uo plan of putting your scoop, in the corner of your hood, are you going to do something "special" with your intake?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
8O Now I have seen everything, I wonder if that's even street legal? And if it is, I wonder if he can even see at night.

:sign7: Ideeeeer.... I'd like to route mine to the gaping hole that houses the foglamps. That has to be useful for something... only problem is the stupid bugs in the summer time would ruin the filter.

Still.... :notworthy: 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
James92Scort said:
:sign7: Ideeeeer.... I'd like to route mine to the gaping hole that houses the foglamps. That has to be useful for something... only problem is the stupid bugs in the summer time would ruin the filter.

Still.... :notworthy: 8)
well if you dont want to route the intake pipe why not pipe the air to your filter??

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
That is Darren of RedPepper Racing's old tracer. It has a stock KL-ZE v6 in it and ran a best of 13.2 I believe. I still have a lot of videos of him dragging. He sold it about a year or so ago.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I wouldn't run the air from the lower lip in the front bumper. Not too long ago, I don't remember who, one of hte "more knowledgable" of our members pointed out a fact that I found very interesing. They said that the air that sits 12 inches above the ground, and all the air below that layer, is actually warmer than the air immediately above it. I would guess due to exaust and other emmissions as well as frictional heat from the tires rising off the asphault. So I personally would try to run it from a vent on the corner of the hood or from the fender/wheelwell. Then again, I may be totally wrong.... That's what I get for trusting others sometimes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i want to place a hood scoop i the front corner of the hood. I want to get tricky and add a flapper in the mouth of the scoop. Then run a cable to the dash so i can have SELECTABLE RAM AIR. Then i don't have to worry about bugs and water when i drive it every day. But with a pull of a button(or whatever control i use) voila! ram air.

i got the idea working on the 427 cobra jet my dad is assembling now. that has a ram air flapper attatched to the throttle. More throttle=more ram air

DAVE
91EGT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.