FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! I got my new intake on, and without an adapter, either. On the third gens the MAF housing has a ... flange? Is that what you call it? That is exactly the right size. I wasn't aware of this and so have been delaying doing it because I haven't felt like going to a junkyard to get one of those things off a ford van. Yeah for 3gens. Sounds nice and deep when I rev it now. And it has better top end power, I think, than when I had it completely stock.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well actually I dunno if you'd call it an 'intake' it's really just silver colored cone air filter, so I got rid of the airbox and silencer... Sounds better, like I said. I wanted K&N but I don't exactly have cash. So I bought some thirty dollar one from autozone. It's silverish chrome... Ricer intake... But it's better than what I had and it's step in the right direction. ^_^ I'll put pics up soon if you really wanna see them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hrrrmmmm.... how'd you do this.... because I wonder if I could do it on a second gen for just as cheap. :)

If I can get rid of my airbox and get a cone filter setup like I'd been meaning to do for like 30 bux, I might as well.

What one did you buy, pics, ect? :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cone filters WITH the adapter can be had NEW for 15 bucks on ebay. There are tons of em listed, so no need to get frustrated bidding against a million people. Mine was a little over 40 bucks shipped new from ZX Tuner....Filter and adapter both. Look around a bit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No kidding.... maybe I'll look for one. It sounds like a pretty simple install... maybe I've found a new project for this week. :)

By the way DirtyJim... your avatar pic is badass. That's a nice looking red on that scort... is it your car?

·
Registered
65 Posts
tinoelspico said that some of the 2.3 4cyclinder ford engines had one of this adapters on it, but I've been to two junkyards and haven't seen one. I really wish he could show me a pic because i posted a link in another post (anyone else sell maf adapters) that shows the 2.3 engine and how it DOESN'T have the adapter. The ones on ebay i have heard are for the lx...i have a 93 gt. I got the filter and little rubber adapter thing (to clamp around a circular adapter) for free from my friend that works at carquest. I want to sell my car so I want to do this the least expensive way possible and $25 (after shipping) from zxtuner is outrageously high. Do you guys think a machine shop would make one for me for cheaper?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts