FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Been a lurking on FEOA for a long time and just joined, love the site....
Got a 99 Wagon with the 2.0, 82k with no rust, I'd love to add some soundproofing/insulation. Does anyone have thoughts on what's best, what works, etc? I saw some material on JC Whitney's but the price was crazy...

·
Lower it.
361 Posts
www.dynamat.com <-- Expensive, but very well known for its quality through the automotive building world. There are other methods too, all have been discussed at one point or another in the forum. Happy searching. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
YouTube has lots of videos on this. The cheapest is go to Home Depot/Loews/Menards and get the Frost King duct insulation rolls for around $18.00 a 12" x 15' roll.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
YouTube has lots of videos on this. The cheapest is go to Home Depot/Loews/Menards and get the Frost King duct insulation rolls for around $18.00 a 12" x 15' roll.
I used this with very satisfactory results. Don't expect Benz or Lexus quiet but it definitely quieted down the interior. If you want that super quiet interior you're going to need to line the interior with something that has a higher sound barrier quotient. Mass loaded vinyl with a decoupler barrier will get you close to the Lexus DB level.

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

John

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
the largest issue in these cars is going to be the roof. it has zero sound mat on it. at least the floor has some deadner and carpet.

·
Registered
783 Posts
FWIW, I ended up rubberized undercoating the interior of an S10 I had an it made a remarkable difference, was dirt cheap, and easy to apply. Of course I had the entire interior gutted when I did it and smelled like asphalt inside for about a month (with everything still out except the seat).

I have plans to do the same to my wagon with perhaps some real deadener added to the firewall and rear fender wells too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts