FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while now, and finally ran across some cash for a few mods. I just ordered the armor-coated pacesetter headers for my 1.9 (as well as a new clutch kit ;)) and it mentions that I'll have to relocate my cat.

For anyone who's done this before, can you recommend a new location? Will I need to buy a new cat, or would the stock one work (if it's in good shape)?

Also, any heat concerns?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
well i did the ho on my spi and i am not running a cat, i just install it for emmisions testing every 2 years. i would do that, since it will save you money and if any, some performance gains. cats just take away the bad stuff, and make it a lil quieter. you can also ordere a universal cat from jegs or summit etc, and weld it in right after the header. the stock oine can not be used, as far as i know, since the weird flanges and such. good luck man!
-Justin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe, thanks. :) I'm more worried about the clutch job then the exhaust. I could run without a cat for a little while, but I'm a bit of a greeny so I'd like to get one on as soon as possible. Since I can't use the stock one, I guess I'll just order a Catco universal and mount it where you suggested.

Cheers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i just put on my new pacesetter header and got my eaust modded to fit.. i dont run a cat either.. just the shell of one and i had them keep it on for "looks"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts