FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have been searching all night for info on the fuel pump upgrades and injector upgrades. i seen alot of speculation but most of the time nothing i read made me feel to confident. so here are some specific questions ok i want to upgrade my fuel pump and im thinking that the rx7 pump is a bolt in item according to what i read does anyone know what year i can use? i am going n/a for now but may upgrade to nitrous or turbo in the near future so i wan tto go with a large set of injector and use a safc to controll the duty cycle. I am installing rx-7 vaf, k&n fipk, hard piping intake, alrady have header and a modified half cat, building side exit cat back all 2.5 inch straight through. (soon to install reground cams after i get some) I am going to flow alot of air and i want to flow some more fuel i understand the injectors are over size but cheap is the key and with the safc i can maintain rail pressures and decrease duty cycle keeping everything kopastetic (sp?) any ideas on the intake fuel pump upgrade or why the set up listed will not work i will appreciate very much. ( also am porting the intake while changing injectors) anyone have a better idea i already bought the vaf and i bid on the injectors (try not to bid me up :wink: ) again guys thanks for all your help peace

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I think I remember that 2nd gen non turbo RX7 injectors will work. Don't quote me though cause it's been awhile since I read about it.

One other thing, if you're not going turbo why are you going with a 2.5" catback? you're going to lose some torque over if you went with a 2.25".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
torque

i think that the larger exhaust will generate a flatter power band and result in more top end power instead of all low end tourque

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also

i remember seeing a list online of different injectors beforerating them by flow and type does anyone know where to find this chart. also can someone verify that 10.5cc equals 1# thanks and if anyone has a suggestion as to which injectors will fit in the car that are smaller than the rx-7 injecotrs i heard supra injectors were 330cc but i cant find which year fits thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts