FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Annnyyyywaysssss....... :sleepy1:
thnx siragan. sorry if i offend you hopefully we'll just let it die.
thats some intresting **** but what should i do.serisouly sand. i also thought about changing the throttle body to a 3.8l throttle body and trying to increase the size of the tubing going from the air box to throttle body.will this work

thnx man, if you have time.
ps. pluging those tubes wasnt bad was it? nothing bad has happend so i have let it. thnx : :D

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You won't be able to have any affect on your backpressure by messing around with your TB or anything...

The ideal thing is to get a header for your car if you can afford one, and then you don't really have to worry about "backpressure". In the meantime, it would probably help you the most if you just left a more modest muffler on the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Ive been ariound off of the cat for the past 3 days, its loud and got a little bit more power, but I need an exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnx. i will start to look for headers. i think they will be hard to find, so if you have any suggestions much appreiciate. as for the muffler it was cheap, very cheap.so if i change it, im sorry to ask, how bout those cherry bombs??? :oops: . i just want something cheap to last a couple of years. i have plans for this car just not yet, well especially cause its -20 out.
thnx for ur help

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
sand...seriously...siragan are you sure? Please tell me you're joking.

I've seen a kid dump a 5 lb bag of sand in his Civic motor...basically he was buying a new motor. 8O

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
James, if you were any faster on the uptake you'd be a worn clutch. :p

What diameter piping did you have installed on your new exhaust, easycheesyE?

You've gotten some good advice so far.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
easycheesyE said:
thnx. i will start to look for headers. i think they will be hard to find, so if you have any suggestions much appreiciate. as for the muffler it was cheap, very cheap.so if i change it, im sorry to ask, how bout those cherry bombs??? :oops: . i just want something cheap to last a couple of years. i have plans for this car just not yet, well especially cause its -20 out.
thnx for ur help
Since you have a first gen GT it already has a header. The stock one on the 1.9HO is the best one available for that motor, so don't go changing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts