FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone im taking the car to get it dynotuned this weds 7-29-09. Im just wondering what all should i do or take with me for my dyno runs. ive never been and have no idea what to look for and all. So anything u all think i need to do please let me know. thanks alot!!!

-C dot

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so run the 7's not 6's? im about to pick my other set of plugs up in a min.

im not sure how much boost i want to run im thinking start at 15psi and go up if im not pushing it.

yea if the clutch holds up it will be the best 180 i spent!!!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now i was wondering if it is really worth me buying a blaster 2 coil for the dyno?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn it i got 8 of the 6's - 11 can not find the 7's anywhere around here. u think its going to be that much of an issue with the 6's - 11?

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
well the problem is that you are going to need to set your gap down to ~.030" or so. when you crank the -11's down that far, the ground electrode ends up at a wierd angle... not ideal.

the heat range 6's probably wont be an issue, but you never know. too hot of a plug = detonation

i buy mine from advance auto parts... BKR7E they usually have to order them and it takes a day.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow that just messed me up!! i dont know what im going to do now i have to be there at 11 tomorrow morning and im at work now so cant really get anything done :(

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i found 8 of them had to call 6 places but found em!!!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
woo your excited im scared lol just hoping for the best dont want to joint the boom boom club lol

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well today is the day i still need to change my oil before i go and smoke my intercooler pipe to make sure there is no leaks

WHAT OIL SHOULD I RUN FOR THE DYNO??????

THE MOTOR HAS 175 MILES ON IT NOW AND ALOT OF IDLING TIME

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just dont have a good tune at all on it thats why im going to dynotune it today........um really not looking to push it to the max just get a good tune.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im sure i have atleast 15-20hrs on the motor

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
203whp and 178wtq at 12 psi............my blow off cant handle going above 10psi witch sucks cuz i wanted to get alil more out of her but i know she still has alot more in her

1 - 20 of 44 Posts