FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally. Class of 09. Graduated. Done. twleve years for a piece of paper and handshakes. i'm done and happy.


"no day is over if it leaves a memory"

-Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,941 Posts
Congrats!
Finishing was one of the best feelings I ever had. Now you can go through life and realize you will never use half of the stuff you learned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you.
today was pretty awesome.



class of '09. woot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,236 Posts
madmatt2024 said:
Congrats!
Finishing was one of the best feelings I ever had. Now you can go through life and realize you will never use half of the stuff you learned.
It's even worse for college. You'll never use anything you learn there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,787 Posts
congrats youngin!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,139 Posts
sedanman said:
Finally. Class of 09. Graduated. Done. twleve years for a piece of paper and handshakes.
apparently it did you no good because school lasts for 13 years!

you are not smarter then a 5th grader!

NEUMAN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,043 Posts
Congrats on that. As others said, you're not likely to use much of what you learned. For me, it's all been self taught stuff I've used, and social bs...concentrate on that, and you'll have it made. What are your plans now? College/lifelong debt, or menial jobs/lifelong debt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
nice. i cant wait until i graduate on june 20th. Not sure why its sooo late..
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,053 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
Congratulations, I felt the same way when I graduated high school in '77. Don't devaluate a high school diploma though, without it you can hardly find any job. Even hamberger flippers usually are required to have a high school education anymore. My oldest son quit school and is now taking GED classes, because he found out what I told him about needing a diploma to get a job to be true. My youngest son will graduate from HS next year and has a part time job now that may turn into a full time job then. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol thanks again to all you guys. actually 14 years because i'm that smart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,296 Posts
FordMan59 said:
Don't devaluate a high school diploma though, without it you can hardly find any job.
I would. Even with a HS diploma there is crap out there for jobs unless you want to be a mindless labourer the rest of your life. HS teaches you the basics to actually start learning. Now the real fun begins.

Anywho, congrats on HS. FWIW I also graduated - again. Maybe I'll stop going to school now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,236 Posts
Some college degrees are worthless. A psychology degree is like an a$$hole. Everyone has one. I should know. I got one and it hasn't helped me one bit so far. Also, liberal arts degrees are pretty much worthless. I have one of those too. It's good for toilet paper and that's about it. In fact, it doesn't even make very good toilet paper. It's too rough. I suggest using it as bird cage liner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,043 Posts
FordMan59 said:
Congratulations, I felt the same way when I graduated high school in '77. Don't devaluate a high school diploma though, without it you can hardly find any job. Even hamberger flippers usually are required to have a high school education anymore. My oldest son quit school and is now taking GED classes, because he found out what I told him about needing a diploma to get a job to be true. My youngest son will graduate from HS next year and has a part time job now that may turn into a full time job then. Good luck.
Agreed, but having a diploma or GED is still essentially worthless, unless the person has aspirations for a careers in fast food. Without a BS in something, I don't see much hope in someone getting a job that pays enough to live on. Even with a college degree that's tough.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top