FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been having problems starting my 96 AT. tried to replace the ignition switch but i can't find the right one anywhere. the 91 through 95 alll have the black switch with attached key alarm sensor. the black ones also have a 6-pin connector and a 2-pin connector. the one from my 96 is cream colored, doesn't have the attached key sensor, and has only a 4-pin and a 2pin connector. i can find this model of switch only on new lock cylinder kits with the whole package. i don't want to spend $200 on a new steering lock assembly when i don't need to. there are no part numbers on this cream colored switch. also the mounting screws are in a different orientation than the black switches.

can anyone please share some advice on this issue? or even a part number if you have one?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Resurrecting this old thread. Apparently, there was a mid year change in 96 on the ignition switches. Any cars with a manuf date up to 12/95 has the 2 and 6 pin connectors. After that looks to be 2 and 4 pin connectors. I have had zero luck locating a new switch. At this point I'd take the entire lock cylinder setup. I've checked the usual sources such as rock auto, my local Napa, etc. Ford says obsolete part as well.

Anyone have any luck located ignition switch after 12/95 production date?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts