FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I replace the timing belt (as the old one raped the teeth off the belt) , 2 week project 8O. Anyhow I set marks on the pulley to default (1.8L Lts).... It was running good the first day. But Now it idle ruff ... like its going to stall (idle 700rpm) anything above 1000 to 7000rpm is smooth.

Car only has (132,000km)
Headers, custom piMp'n 2'5inch
CTA intake.

Replaced: (timing belt, spark plugs bosh +4, distributor, roter, alternator belt and accessory belt, water pump)

The other day it stalled at 3 lights.

Now the question is …. Do you think it's the timing? or ECU ? it has 91oct gas in it now.

I guess I'm gonna try to reset the ecu?
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Do you have a timing light? If so pull the belt cover and check your timing...you may have stripped the new belt too... 8O Unless you upped your timing, you shouldn't need to run 91 premium in your tank. :wink:

I however, do have to use Premium. :x

btw that car needs washed...bad... (but so does mine) :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
if it runs smooth above idle I don't think it's timing. Fuel maybe... Check the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator, I've seen those leak excess gas into the engine, that will make it stall at low rpm's. Other than that, pull codes. Some parts stores like autozone will do this for free, or you can make a tester with $3 worth of parts from the hardware store..
http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts