FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help me, please? I went to back flush my coolant in my 93 GT and water and a good amount of coolant got into the spark plug wells so I tried to start the car after the flush was complete and it sounded like it was running on one cylinder so I asked a slightly more mechanically inclined friend of mine to help me out. he said to not worry about it and to let the water evaporate with the engines heat so I took out the plugs and let the water evaporate I put the plugs back in and ta-da!!! it started right up i let it run a little longer and there it went back to the 1 cylinder thing. i pulled the plug wires and there was more moisture and the plug wires would not stay put on the plugs anymore so I replaced the wires now the car tries to start but it jutters and pops and dies, help please... :morons:

·
Registered
56 Posts
backflush? anyways the same thing happened to my hyundai accent when i washed the engine for the first time....it cracked the hot plugs so......it sounds to me like either the plugs are cracked or u have water in the spark plug hole causing it to jump.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
If any moisture got into the distributor cap or on the rotor - it will cause sputtering and misfiring. Any time I clean an engine with a distributor, I figure an hour or two with the distributor capped pulled off and facing the sun.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pull the plugs and blow out the cylinders with copressed air if you have access to an air compressor
Ive also seen it done where people will spray brake parts cleaner into the cylinders to evaporate the moisture. Not sure if Id do it myself, but it works...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the reply's, the compressed air worked perfectly. she started right up. now on to other problems...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
next time dont take out the plugs if there is water down there because if you get water in the cylinder and try to start the car you will get hydrolock and blow your motor. Compressed air is the best for this situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts