FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get an idle air control cheaper than $400.00
It's for a 91 egt 1.8L . That's what they are telling me is causing my sustained 11-1400 idle. Ford wants $460, I can get a new one for 400. I'm checking salvage yards now, but I may be better off buying new. any suggestions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's the electrical side thats bad. Although it has probably happened before this is the 1st one on a gt I've seen go bad with less than 130k on it. Can't find one at any salvage yard in this area, guess I'll have to go new.

·
Registered
709 Posts
BTW, autozone shows a throttle air bypass for $229.99 part number TV214 made by Wells. This may be what you are looking for. I think I already sold the IAC that I had. If I find it, then you can have the sucker.

·
Registered
911 Posts
waht the hell is an iac and what does it look like? Thats one part i have never heard of. Where is it located exactly? and why the hell is it so expensive. Makes me kinda scared if mine ever goes out i'm F*cked

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The iac is the idle air control valve. On the 1.8 it is located directly under the throttle body. If I understand this right, on cold start the bypass air valve(under the plenum allows extra air and as the temp of the engine comes up the valve closes dropping the idle speed as it closes. When it is closed the computer uses the iac along with the temp sensor to control idle speed. Anyone else help me out here because this is just the way I understand it and may not be completely right.( I guess I should have put my other post in this one, instead of starting a new one.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts