FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
hrmm... corksport sells the motor, not sure if the ecu/tranny comes with it...

osaka sells it, but they suck complete... well bad things...

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
You can't use the trans unless you are going AWD. The easiest way to get all of it at once is to get an entire front clip. I have seen them on ebay recently but they cost about $2100 + shipping.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You will need
GT Tranny
A good clutch
GT Axles
GT dash wiring
GT motor mounts
GT shift linkage
GTX Engine Harness
GTX ECU
GTX engine
IC and piping
BOV
GT fuel rail w/ GTX injectors (for easy hook up)
Gauges (Boost, AF, EGT, etc)

i think thats everything

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
there are sites all over the internet that will do get you that stuff... you must search and you will find what you are looking for... ill see if i have any bookmarked, i also know someone who saved a site that would ship the motor for free and they garanteed the ecu tranny and motor for like 1100. ill ask him for it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
cheap bastards :)

ok look at it this way. A quality turbo kit to go on a stock engine is 2500-3000 dollars. So if your going to get a purpose built motor and turbo setup and tranny and all the wiring and ecu and it will run like factory vehicles run and you can do that for 2 or 3 grand how can you complain. if you try to low ball on the cost of your engine you will most likely pay for it in the long run. dont shop for jdm engines by price shop by companys reputaion. if you dont know ask and i have heard very bad things about osaka only one person have i seen say something good and he is on here and he is out of his mind :) j/k but seriously if you need a cheap swap you shouldnt attempt this swap cause its anything but cheap peace

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: cheap bastards :)

mopowr said:
ok look at it this way. A quality turbo kit to go on a stock engine is 2500-3000 dollars. So if your going to get a purpose built motor and turbo setup and tranny and all the wiring and ecu and it will run like factory vehicles run and you can do that for 2 or 3 grand how can you complain. if you try to low ball on the cost of your engine you will most likely pay for it in the long run. dont shop for jdm engines by price shop by companys reputaion. if you dont know ask and i have heard very bad things about osaka only one person have i seen say something good and he is on here and he is out of his mind :) j/k but seriously if you need a cheap swap you shouldnt attempt this swap cause its anything but cheap peace
I did my GTX swap for under 2500, 1700 to be exact. But I was lucky and found a motor at a cheap price.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
yeah... basically this is not a you get what you pay for situation (this isnt exactly what you ment but it could be taken this way). some companies can just flat out get them cheaper and offer better prices... its not like they make their own product then sell if for 10 times the ammount they have into it, there is alot of factors affecting price. from where they get their engines down to the company they choose to ship through... so basically you can shop by price just be sure your an informed shopper before you throw them cash.

·
Registered
432 Posts
my previous setup(now sold to chris schaefer) set me back 600 dollars! just cuz i got lots of connects. i could get an engine cheap too.
Des.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts