FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to a local Subaru dealer tonight to check out a '98 2.5RS.
58K miles, 5spd, etc... They are asking $11495 but I know a couple employees there and I think I can get them down by another G or so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 98 was the only year they made it with a DOHC engine?

Oh yeah, it is Rallye Blue w/ the gold rims!! Woohoo!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kelley Blue Book says $10775. I got it for $10650. The interior is in GREAT shape (only 58k on the car)! The wheels have some slight curb damage and the paint is pretty good too. I'll buff/wax it in a few weeks (after I start my new job and have more time).

I'll post some pics and start a cardomain page as well.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You are correct, '98 was the only DOHC year. Unfortunately, this isn't really a benefit over the later models unless you're going to install lightweight internals (AFAIK).

Check out http://www.nasioc.com and the forums there.

If you stick to the race/drivetrain forums you'll find some very useful information from some very knowledgeable Subaru enthusiasts.

DO IT! If I wouldn't get raped on the financing, I'd have already bought a '00 or '01 4 door 2.5RS. The GC8 Impreza is the ultimate high performance sport compact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.