FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may or may not know my B-day is coming up (aug. 5th) and my parents would like to get me rims for my b-day........My question is......what do you guys think would look the best on my car........white,gunmetal, chrome, plain silver, or whatever else there is.....help me out here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
95EsortSittinLo said:
Well as some of you may or may not know my B-day is coming up (aug. 5th) and my parents would like to get me rims for my b-day........My question is......what do you guys think would look the best on my car........white,gunmetal, chrome, plain silver, or whatever else there is.....help me out here
1st off: August birthday people rock. yeah :wink:
2nd off: you lucky SOB...your parents just up and decide to buy you rims for your birthday? I would be lucky for a damn piece of cake...

Anyway, go to tirerack.com and you will be able to see a picture of your car with rims on it. Basically you can "try on" rims in various sizes, & colors.

I'd go with chrome myself...free rims man, go all out, 17" Motegi's with pieces that don't stop spinning! bling bling!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,709 Posts
Gunmetal. The best looking kind of rims are the ones with 7 or 5-spokes and the spokes start at the hub, and then curve inward (towards the wheel well) where they attach to the rim. Jason Blade has a set like these, and when I see them roll on cars in the highway, they look tight.

Chrome is too blingy for the escort. Maybe on an escalade or another bling car, but not the escort.
White would look good, but you gotta have low profile tires and big rims to set off the look correctly.
You could also get black. Black wheels look great on white cars... but your car is not white, so it won't look good :)

Either way, you're one lucky bastard to have your parents pay for all that stuff. My mom made me a rumcake for my birthday. The dog at all of it before anybody could eat any. lol my life sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
siragan said:
Gunmetal. The best looking kind of rims are the ones with 7 or 5-spokes and the spokes start at the hub, and then curve inward (towards the wheel well) where they attach to the rim. Jason Blade has a set like these, and when I see them roll on cars in the highway, they look tight.
Chrome is too blingy for the escort. Maybe on an escalade or another bling car, but not the escort.
Yeah Jasons rims are nice. I said chrome cause that was the point...too blingy. He's all about show, with little go. :wink:

siragan said:
Either way, you're one lucky bastard to have your parents pay for all that stuff. My mom made me a rumcake for my birthday. The dog at all of it before anybody could eat any. lol my life sucks.
lol hey at least your mom made you some rumcake. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Well you've seen the white ones i've got on mine......i got those and some kuhmo tires for a little over 600. I can't remember how much it was but i got mine a t whalen tires its a place online. I got a good deal on them. They got all kinds of things there too you can check out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,188 Posts
I've seen gunmetal range from dark silver to a tarnished black.. which are you guys talking about?

I'll throw a vote up for classic silver. Its the only color guaranteed not to lower the value and not make random people wince when they spot your car.

On your car I'd have to vote from highest to lowest as follows:

Silver
Gunmetal (shadowy silver)
White
Black
Gunmetal (tarnished black)
Anthracite
Bronze
Chrome

If you can, regardless of color, get powdercoated wheels... the brake dust won't stick and they'll be easier to keep clean, plus powdercoating is much harder than paint, so scratches will be fewer and far between.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top