FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diane said:
I gotta ask, why did you have to rent a HWH?
If i can quote George Carlin, Hot water does not need heating. It's a water heater. Sorry to be anal. It's not you it's me.
In answer to your question, Around here that's the norm. New houses have been built with rental water heaters since before I was born. until the late 70s they were electric, so you paid the utility and the rent included flat rate power for it, so those wires bypassed the meter. then everything switched to natural gas, there were pipelines run everywhere, people converted due to the govt. incentives, and all the new homes had gas after that point(for heating the home, it was oil before). So everybody has a rental water heater. It's the gas company you pay, and it's become quite a rip off. Renting means thay always repair it for free since it's theirs, but the math is farqued. For all the rent I would pay in 6 years, I could have bought 2 new ones. So if it lasts 3 years I'm ahead.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
my dad bought one last year... the valve broke off the old one so i had to get up and go help him dump water down the sink in the basement for like 4 hours... those damn things hold a crapload of water.

oh and they're heavy. took 20 minutes to pick it up and scoot it onto the cylinder blocks.

ah the memories... and the desire to never do that again.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just open the valve and let the water drain into the floor drain. If you connect a hose it won't get anything wet. You can go watch TV.
Do you mean Cinder blocks, or are your blocks actually cylindrical? Sorry, anal again.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
James... did u mean cinder blocks? Do you have cars on your mind with the whole V-Tech vs Vtec thing?

If you meant cylinder blocks... I've never heard of them... I might just be an idiot! Oh, and I'm not sure whether mines a rental or not... I think we bought ours last year... and yes, it is a rip off... By the way...

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts