FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally recharged the A/C system on the '91 EGT, but now there seems to be an issue. When the A/C is on, the car's power surges up and down, not just an overall drop because the engine is working harder. In about 1 second cycles, the power noticably surges up and down (1 sec up, 1 sec down, 1 sec up, etc). Would this be a computer problem? With the A/C off, the power is steady so it is kind of baffling me. Any thoughts? :?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah the thing of it is when the A/C is on then your compresor kicks in and out. causing you to loose power. That is normal and the only way to fix it is leave the A/C off. My 93 LX did the same when the A/C worked on it. It does get to you when your looking for the take off and you don't get it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This would mean that the A/C is cycling on/off every second or so. Does that sound right? It just gets really annoying driving down the road and having the car just keep surging every other second.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well if it is Every Second then that may be something you'll want to get check. I think my 93 kicked on every 15 to 30 seconds! So if that is what is doing then mine bugged the Hell out of me also. I never had mine checked out and it never stopped till i ran out of refrigerant! Other than that, maybe someone else can help! Sorry man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.