FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dad brought to my attention on friday that we have two pedal boats in the backyard ( i knew that already) But one of them is mine......so i immediately cleaned it up and put it on the front lawn for sale bingo sold it today for 450 8) Yessssssssss But im gonna put half of that away just in case (or at least i think i am) The rest which i also have about another 100 bucks already saved which ill spend so i havebout 300 maybe a little more to spend.......what should i do.....I am indire need of struts so maybe coilovers and do the whole lowering route? Or idk give me some suggestions guys...im deff buying some feoa merchandise tho :wink: James i know you got some ideas for me here.....

edit: sorry it looks pretty bad on my spelling in a few places. :?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it was electric too...my road runs parallel with route 58 which is the main road through riverhead so a lot of people use my road for a backway believe it or not the guy that bought it is the guy that worked on bringing and putting up that plane thta my dads ford is in front on my sig thingy. Pretty interesting if you ask me :wink:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I'm eventually getting the stainless steel catback 2.5"(size?) exhaust system from bareend.com (Matt). but that's about 450 in itself... and I think it's for GTs. Not 100% sure on that though.

What exactly do you want to do with your exhaust? I'm not sure exactly what all is out there for the 1.9.

I do know you could get that 1.9 Pacesetter header...or you could go to the junkyard and grab some 88.5-90 1.9 H.O. GT head and throw it on your 1.9. That'd give you 107 hp and raise your torque to 115.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was always told that on 4 cylinder non turbo grocery getters (pretty much thats what my car is) Exhaust doesnt really matter you go by sound not performance..i mean yout gotta watch and make sure you dont lose power but for the most part i always thought it was about sound....

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
That's funny chad, I just made about 210 lbs of dough into numerous medium and small pizza balls. I was loaded with dough. :wink:

Have you decided what you want to do with your money yet 95? coil overs? intake? exhaust pieces? :?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well my dad is pressuring me to do the suspension cause i really badly need front struts so i dont know i think im going to just get springs (lowering ones) And new struts and work on the suspension...but i also wanna be very low.....any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well heres the exhaust well not exhaust more like muffler That i want 8O
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2421874982

But i think im doing the suspension cause i really need struts

any suggestions for the lowest springs? If not springs I havent heard anything bad and a lot of good thing about ground control coilovers. so would they be the ones to get if i got coilovers? Are there any alternatives that might be a little cheaper than ground controls but still offer some quality?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Sorry 95, can't help you on the coilovers question I'm looking into that route myself right now. But James, you said that you are getting a ca back system that has 2.5" pipes? When I had mine installed I looked into the diameters for the pipes and found that pretty much you only wanna go 2.25" or you'll start to lose some of your bottom end. it may not be much of a loss from only .25 inches but personally I try to save all the power that I can in my GT. Hope to hear back about the coilovers too 95, be sure to post anything relevant about any new product reviews, all I have seen are the Eibach springs and the Tokico ZX2's.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Misfit: I'm eventually going turbo. and with the price of the 2.5" catback, that won't come for a while. I'm actually going to take in my car hopefully late this week to have the midpipe behind the cat replaced because of it leaking like it is. :x

·
Registered
709 Posts
The big problem with going to big on the exhaust is that you wind up with slow moving exhaust gasses that actaully causes backpressure. thats where the bottom end power goes. Even though you get a nice deep tone, it turns hollow because the pipes are too big.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.