FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up on my 92 egt where I left off 4 years ago. I rebuilt the motor (non-turbo for now) and installed it. I'm having an idle issue. The car is running at about 1800 and won't come down. I played with the ISC vavle screw with the diag conn. grounded, and couldn't get it lower. I timed the car, and still for 1800. Any suggestions?

Also, the car has an automatic trans and it seems to be leaking from the tourque convertor housing. It doesn't look like bad, just a drip now and then. No pooling, yet. But then I haven't run the motor for more than 15 minutes so far. I'd love to hear if any bolt up replacements exist that can handle more than the 120 something foot pounds of torque the stock tops out at.

·
Registered
15,581 Posts
Actually the first thing I would check is for vacuum leaks and air leaks. When I say vacuum leaks, I'm not just referring to the vacuum hoses themselves, but all the devices that use vacuum. If any of them are leaking you will get a higi idle and possible a "too lean" stored computer code. One thing you might want to try is to unplug the IAC while it's idleing high and if it goes down to a normal idle then it's probably a computer control related problem (like coolant temp sensor electrical contacts, etc.). And if it doesn't then it's more likely to be vacuum leak or a gummed up IAC. At the age and milesage you indicated, cleaning the IAC is the first thing to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.