FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey good news for me anyways, I got accepted to UTI and I'll be starting on Oct 13. I am enrolled in the Nascar Technical Institute in Mooresville, N.C. I can't wait to go. I got all my grants and loans approved and I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I almost enrolled in Lincoln Technical Institute in Indianapolis in August 2001. They wanted 300/month for a 2 bedroom apartment for 4 students to live in...EACH. And I would have had no spare time. Oh well, now that I'm pretty much into cars I'm going to go back, on my terms, to a different local school.

Good luck man. I hope to gain a lot of technical experience from you like I have Justin. :p

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yea, 3 years ago i couldn't have told you the difference between a fuel pump and a piston, but now i'm into cars and wish i had gone to a decent automotive school straight out of high school, but i have a pretty awesome job at office depot anyway, so i'm alright i guess. :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
i got accepted to uti two years ago, but i couldnt come up with the money . i was going for, automotive hot rod U, and paint and body

·
Registered
750 Posts
well congrats man, good luck there. My older brother dropped out twice, he thought it sucked, thats the only bad review i got from anyone i know. but like i said good luck

·
Registered
874 Posts
I saw you mentioned Going to the NASCAR class. I heard that was an awsome course. I took Automotive with Ford FACT. In the three or so months at Ford Fact I think I got a better understanding of diagnosing problems than I did my whole time at UTI. Don't get me wrong, UTI was Awsome, but take as many of the classes as you can. I HIGHLY recomend the Fard FACT course. Also the Volvo SAFE course is pretty good too, but you have to get accepted into it. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET ANY TICKETS WHILE YOU IN SCHOOL. Getting a good job with a bad record is HARD to do, trust me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.