FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I wanted to have a website where I could host pictures of me autocrossing as well as a few other miscellaneous pictures, so I signed up at Geocities. I have just started to build the page and am figuring things out for the most part. I figured out how to upload files and put them on the web page without a problem. What I want to be able to do is have the picture so I can hotlink to it from here. You see I have a picture that I want to use as an avatar, but I can't figure out how I could hotlink to it. If anyone could help me out on this I would appreciate it. Please be detailed in your explanation cause I really don't know much amount making a web page to begin with.

·
Registered
735 Posts
upload the picture to the geocities server, then get the address to it, I'm pretty sure geocities allows that... if not, i'll host it for you :) only $99.95/month :p j/k

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hey man, Geocities doesn't allow linking to picture from other sites, sort of.

What you need to do is rename the picture so that it resembles a text file and then link it in your code.

For example, if you rename picture.jpg to picture.txt and then link it, it will work.

If you want to, you can just send me the picture you want, I'll host it for you and I'll give you think link to it.

Be sure to PM me before you send the email, if you decide to do so.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your offer Paul, but I started my site so I wouldn't have to rely on others for hosting. I will try your suggestion and see if that works. I may also try the other website that was suggested. Thanx for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.