FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll I got a little bored today, and since i had over 400 in the bank and nothing to do with it, I paid my cell phone bill and then went shopping :D I went to www.ltbmotorsports and got my super anatomic shift knob.

Then I went to corksport.com and got some indiglow gauge faces. I already have my brushed aluminum gauge plate sittin here waiting for installation.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sleepergtx

check it out there... that's my second cardomain page. :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
James92Scort said:
WEll I got a little bored today, and since i had over 400 in the bank and nothing to do with it, I paid my cell phone bill and then went shopping :D I went to www.ltbmotorsports and got my super anatomic shift knob.

Then I went to corksport.com and got some indiglow gauge faces. I already have my brushed aluminum gauge plate sittin here waiting for installation.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sleepergtx

check it out there... that's my second cardomain page. :wink:
Wow! Looks cool James. How difficult this is to install? Just so I know before I buy mine. :wink:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lance: I'll let ya know when I get em. Hopefully I'll have a spare day that I can tear my dash apart instead of waiting, cause these look so cool. The knob itself should just screw onto the stock lever. :wink:

Jugg: That's the bad part. the gauges were 68 bucks, plus I think 9 dollars for shipping. I would have bought from bareend.com but they're like 120? or so there. So I went through corksport. I hope they won't be too hard to install and I've heard that the gauges don't work, but I'll MAKE them work :D

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just thought of something guys. Is there a way to change the color of the needles? I want something instead of orange...yet I still want it to glow a different color than those gauges. Are the needles themselves what produce the orange color? if so is there a way to change that? :?

or would I have to take some needles off another car? I always like how the needles looked in my brothers 2000 SI. Think I could fit those on my gauges?

Another question, am I dreaming? :roll: hehe

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow there tiger........i finally got my gauges a couple of days ago..........i though it would be a peice of cake........nope sorry. Well it could be easy if you know what your doing. The tach,gas,temp gauges pop right out. Plug and play kind of thing. My new gauges fit right over top of the temp and fuel gauge but you'll have to take the needles off the tach and speedometer . When i did that and put the new gauges on and put the needles back on the speedometer and tach gauges won't line back up right so i can't tell how fast i'm going or how high my rpms are. Maybe someone can tell me how to align the speedometer and tach back up.
Next problem is where your gonna plug the new gauges into. The only way i can see is connecting it to the battery directly cause i can't find anywhere to plug them into. Hopefully i'll have this done tomarrow and i'll have more info on the gauges...........

·
Registered
710 Posts
James92Scort said:
I just thought of something guys. Is there a way to change the color of the needles? I want something instead of orange...yet I still want it to glow a different color than those gauges. Are the needles themselves what produce the orange color? if so is there a way to change that? :?

or would I have to take some needles off another car? I always like how the needles looked in my brothers 2000 SI. Think I could fit those on my gauges?

Life is but a dream isn't it? So yes, you are dreaming...

Regarding the needle color change, go to a hobby shop and take a look at their paints. There's a translucent red out there - I don't remember the brand name but I've used it on my taillights on the previous GT. Works well. About 3 coats of that changed the lights from orange to red, matching the brakes perfectly. Put several thing coats of the red tint on your needles and you should be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
James92Scort said:

I put red LED bulbs in my gauge cluster when I installed my gauges....

During the day:

At night:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
majormastermind said:
Hey james......do that silver background in front of your gauges stick out that bad. I was thinking about getting that for mine.
What do you mean by stick out? The way the holes were cut have some of the bezel sticking over the gauges...not by much, but I can't see the whole word "normal" on my temp gauge anymore and the tach is sorta covered up at the end after 7k rpm. That and the fact that it reflects bright sunlight when my windows are down 8) are the only two problems I have with it...but it was only 22 bucks off of corksport.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There's a grey piece of plastic that was the normal bezel, when you take off the shroud (that piece I painted blue), you notice that that grey piece is how the gauges are held up on there. So i just glued that bezel onto the grey piece with some superglue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.