FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
That kid is stupid, and he's lucky no one got hurt, but I think the 36 pages of flames is a little excessive. None of those guys bought their Subaru's because it was an economical, efficient, reliable car. They bought them so they could go do stupid stuff, just like the kid. As far as I'm concerned, they're no better. Just so happens the kid was the one that got caught.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
after reading over about 6-7 pages of it i don't believe the kids story at all. says he was goin slow then when he put it in 3rd it stuck. from like 30-80+ mph in under 730ft?? nah, i call BS on that. he was already flyin and he might have had the throttle stick after he was already movin ... but he didn't go from like 30mph to redlining 3rd gear in 730 ft.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Josh_LX said:
That kid is stupid, and he's lucky no one got hurt, but I think the 36 pages of flames is a little excessive. None of those guys bought their Subaru's because it was an economical, efficient, reliable car. They bought them so they could go do stupid stuff, just like the kid. As far as I'm concerned, they're no better. Just so happens the kid was the one that got caught.
I'd agree with you if that kid got caught speeding or street racing...

but dude... he drove his car through someones garage...

I don't care what you buy a car for, that doesn't happen everyday.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
no, I agree, he's an idiot, and doesnt deserve to drive a moped, but them flaming him for 36 pages is overkill. I read through some of them and there were several of them that recounted their "near miss" stories, and therefoer have little room to talk becuase they have done stupid stuff too, they just managed to get away with it.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
regardless of whether or not the kid's story is bs on how fast he was going, he still ruined a beautiful piece of machinery.... he should be stabbed. *makes shanking motion* :D

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
well, maybe instead of a good stabbing. perhaps his achille's tendon should be slashed so he can never clutch again!

retribution must be made for the sake of that poor WRX!!!! *begins to tear*

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
how fast was he going! 100+ to hop a curb adn bend his rim that bad adn still go like 30 yards in to a house adn park in the guys garage wall.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
most likely he was goofing around, over drove himself.. I had a gas pedal stick in my jeep before, there is a brake pedel and in his case clutch pedel to remeady the situation, for someone that is an experanced driver..

But that is what happens when parents give their kids cars they don't have the skills to drive. someone should give him a schwinn and call it a day for @ least 3 years.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
to be honest if my gas pedal sticks...rather than run through soemones house or hit a ditch at high speed I am giong to clutch it in and blow the motor...they are way easier to replace and cost alot less than a house or whole new car...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i call b/s i think its because if his insurance company cought wind of that board he wanted to have that story there... since when did throttles get stuck randomly on new cars? thats like when you rearend someone and say your breaks randomly went out and they just happened to be infront of them. that is the dumbest story, that kid is lucky he didnt kill anyone. reminds me of a story my cousin heard by the teacher in a high risk driving class.

in vancouver washington this chick that regularly took her dads 5.slow mustang to school took it out senior skip day. she had a friend in her car.... straight to the action... they were both buckled up in the accident she caused, there were 270 some odd foot skid marks before she rear ended a nissan hard body pickup truck and even then the estimated impact speed was 70 mph after skidding for 270 feet. in the nissan there was a pregnant mother 31 weeks along and a 4 year old girl, they were directly infront of their 4 year old girls grand parents house that is why they were going so slow they were about to turn into the driveway. they both died right infront of all the family members sitting in the front yard... it was the 4 year old girls birthday and they were just showing up for her party.

on one hand i think oh man that kid is lucky nothing worse happened... but then i think of that story and i think that kid should have his genitals removed with a dull butter knife. he thinks hes getting away scott free, the insurance is buying his story and no one died but really if there was someone in that garage someone would be dead because he was being ******************* (alot of bad un politically correct words :) ) and he got away with it...

you all know me by now, i look way deaper than the surface and i know some of you will disagree with me (those that have done something stupid like this) but i know i am right, take this kids license away forever... my throttle hasent even stuck on my car and i have taken my throttle related parts apart my unprofessional self and hes saying the computer controled machines that built that car and the men that do that all day every day did something wrong? i dont think so.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I disagree. :lol:

When you run so many cars through a plant you're bound to have some put together wrong. However, putting the clutch in, hitting the brakes, and killing the engine is not really that hard at all. Yeah if there were a person in there they might've died, but there weren't, you can't punish someone on 'might've happened.'

I doubt he's gonna get off scot free, only an idiot would buy his story, and even if his throttle /was/ stuck I don't think I know anybody who couldn't think up a solution to that... Unless he was already doing 80 mph and couldn't stop anyways. If things turn out fair, he'll have his license suspended for some amount of time and then get it back on probation or something. :\ So many people are so vengeful, god, 'take his license away forever.' He didn't /actually/ hurt anybody, he just did something stupid. Okay, something really stupid. Don't tell me you've never done anything stupid or you never make mistakes. If you've ever accidently run a red light, (I dunno anybody who hasn't, really...) you might have killed someone.

But yeah, this kid's story is pure BS, but he'll get his. I don't think anybody could drive a car through a house with no repurcussions.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
im not so much commin from a "GOD SMITE THEE"! point of view and i do think your correct there could be some things wrong with a couple of the cars that come out but for it to have just happened to get stuck in a neighborhood? no i would have gotten stuck when it was first driven or it would not have gotten stuck... i totally thought the same way as you untill i thought of the mechanics of it all... the way a car works is not based on how it is feeling at the time... it cannot just make something happen for a short time... for no apparent reason. especially newer like that. and you can not believe me all you want but i assure you that kid is getting a FAT ticket for that because of his actions not his cars a cop wont cut him a break because "his throttle got stuck" they will know as well as anyone its bs and his foot just got too heavy it was not the accelerator got stuck.

they way i think about this is it was like a slap on the wrist... though he still is going to get dragged through the mud with his insurance company and the police he will still be driving like an ahole again in 1 week 3 weeks 4 months 2 years whatever... he did not get cured by a slap on the wrist and the last thing i wasnt to be is the victim of a moronic ahole who didnt learn his lesson the first time. when he was lucky to escape with his life i dont want that to be my future wife and kid being killed because this kid has a small... shoe size ;) and rich parents (i know not the nicest wrx but a new car is better than 95% of the kids that went to my school and there are alot of NICE neighborhoods around my school).

i actually turned around for the first time in my driving career and followed a teenager who almost killed me the other day. he was passing someone and instead of hitting the brakes and ducking back into his lane i had to come to a complete stop and he just punched it and got ahead of the person anyway with me sitting there and he had 2 other kids in his car and i had one of my friends in my car. for a brief second there when i was stopped if i had a gun i think i may have grabbed for it without thinking. i dont like thinking about the fact that with all the time i spend on the road that at any given time i could be taken out by some imature prick.

i know im not perfect... yes i have gone through a light in my past i deff deserve some punishment but it was not because i was adjusting my music and there were no cars around there is a difference when your not paying attention to traffic and when your not paying attention to lights... i will make no excuses for my actions though... they were terrible just like his and i regret it every time i think about it i dont like to know that i have run a light. but i must say since then i have not run another light that slap on my wrist worked but i was going the speed limit throught it at the same time not 4 times the speed limit in a residential area.

my cousin also told me that speed was the #1 cause in serious accidents. and this is just another statistic.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
My God, that guy is an idiot. I won't say I haven't done stupid things, I know I have, and I've had weird things like that happen, but u don't get stuck WOT without putting it to the floor first! And if you'r putting it to the floor, he wouldn't have shifted it at those speeds - he woulda been goin much quicker before the shift! Now I've had brakes not work at 90 km/h in my parents Sentra, and you do panic, I know I forgot to downshift (being the idiot that I was at the time, I had put it in neutral before slowing down - our last car had the brakes rust out cause we rarely used them, and only ever downshifted, so I thought I was doing a good thing always using the brakes), but the e-brake did slow me down. I did end up running a red because the car was not stopping on time, but even in my panic, I had the reaction time to see a white SUV coming through his green light (obviously not seeing a car around probably 80km/h at the time not slowing down quickly) and I without even thinking swerved before the intersection to miss the SUV and head into the grass. Didn't damage anything (needed to tighten the e-brake though). I know that not once though, did I even imagine shutting the car off though, not sure why that would be the first thing you'd do, I know I at least want my steering and braking (if the brakes work). But back to the panic thing.... who thinks OMG I gotta try to pull up the gas pedal, I know I'd think, $h1t I hope my brakes are going to work while putting it in neutral, and if experienced, blow the tranny and try and downshift too!!! Sorry if that post didn't make sense, I'm really over tired (just started a night job on weekends, so I am still getting use to it)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts