FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to remove/install a 91egt(manual tranny) speed sensor. I went to autozone and they had three different colors; Green, White, and Yellow. I took a wild guess and bought the Green one. While install my new gauges, I must have pulled on the speedo cable too hard and accidently screwed up my speedo. I'm not sure what color senser i need and I'm not sure exactly how to install it. Does anybody know which one I need and how do I go about putting it in?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Speed sensor...

Wow, first post in a while... Like a year or so.

Ok, you have to remove the old one first before you can determine which one you need. I needed a red one for mine I think.

Anywho, they are a bugger to get out. Since I am in Ontario, home of slush, salt and so on, mine was corroded in. We had to pry it out with a hammer and chissel, then a pair of channel locks. Eventually it came out though!

Once you have it out, you should change your tranny fluid. Also, when you put the new one it, put a seal of grease around it, so it seals, but doesn't get too stuck in there.

Good luck!

Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.