FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
white-lightning said:
Are they stuck to the hub or unable to get the caliper out of the way? On the back of the caliper there is a bolt that covers a hex head. By turning the hex head it will back the piston off of the pads and allow you to rotate the caliper off the pads once the one pin is removed.
+1

if the rotor's just stuck to the hub, put one lug nut loosely back on (so the rotor doesn't fall off), and smack the rotor really hard with a small sledge hammer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the way i got mine off was i tried to smack them offf with a sledge but the rotors broke and then i used a big 3 jaw puller with an impact gun and the center part of the rotor stuck on the hub and that pulled them off and i use an impact scwrew driver with acetylene torch or something that will put out lots of heat to help get the set screws out or just drill them out and re tap some threads and hit up a hardware store for new screws

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I am sure you though of this, but there are two screws that hold the rotor on. They were only necessary during the building process. You didn't mention removing them, so just checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts