FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys:

I have a 95 EGT and I can´t seem to get the bulb off of the socket to replace it. Is there a special way to do this? it´s not pulling out of the socket. Also, I drop the flap inside the hole there, how do i reach it and get it back?

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 94 lx so the method is probably similar, there is a wire that is holding the bulb in the socket, you need take a screwdriver or something and pull it out. There are little tabs on both sides of the bulb, this is why you can´t just pull it out.
As for the other thing, you can try and stick your hand in there to retrieve it or you can take the interior apart.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
the bulb should twist out of the socket, and the socket is connected to the wiring by another socket that has a single tab you have to pull with a screwdriver. For the other part, (as the post before me says), you gotta reach in there to get it or take the interior part...and that´s a pain in the ass, so unless you´re skinny like me...it sucks to be you! hehe I have a brake/backup/turn signal wiring harness for a 95 EGT, came out of the lenses when i changed mine. 92 and 95 wiring harnesses are incompatible with the connectors...stupid Ford.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
It shouldn´t really be that hard, unless the bulb or the socket is seized from rust or whatnot...I don´t know what to tell you, it´d probably be easier to buy a new wiring harness w/ sockets...I have a set, for a 95 even.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts