FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all the screws out of it but it seems to be stuck still. It moves out towards the steering wheel but won't come out enough to unhook the wires.

Oh and does a 89 Pony have the wires to connect the tach already in the dash?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If it's anything like the 2nd gens, you have to lie on your back on the floor of the driver's side with your hear near the pedals, then reach up through the steering column and disconnect the speedometer cable. Then you should be able to just barely tilt the cluster enough to get the wiring connectors disconnected. After that the cluster should come out fairly nicely.

·
Registered
750 Posts
well your gonna have to dissassemble the gauge cluster to remove it, i found it to be easier.

1.) Remove furthest left vent, then remove torx screws along the bezel.
2.) then pull the bezel off best is to pull from the top to angle it, so it will pull out.
3.) Remove the plastic cover over the gauges, i think its a 3 or 4 mm bolt...4 of them.
4.) when thats off then remove the rest to take the plastic cover off of it. then pop your wiring harness off, and then youll have to dissconnect the speedo cable.

sounds like a lot of work, but its only about 15-20 minutes to remove, change lights, and replace. Oh and if your going to add colored lights...or LED bulbs now is the time to do it. There are little caps ontop of the bulbs that just pop off

Anyquestions...im sure ill be able to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts