Making clear tail lights for around $10. Unless u feel the need to go to the junkyard to pick up another pair of lights. All of the other parts u can get at almost any home improvment store.
Items you need.
1. Clear Lens
heres a closer view
2. Apoxy/Glue ( i used rubber cement and a glue gun)
3. A set of taillights
4. An over or a heat gun
5. A can of Spraypaint white or silver( sumthing that will reflect the light)
6. a hammer and a screwdriver.
Heres what i did to make them.
1. Take off your old taillights.
2. Hit the crap out of the light to break off the old lens.
3. Clean it up a little bit so u can paint it.
4. There is a little high spot on the assembly that u need to sand down to make it flat.
5. Paint the light. Give it a couple of coats.
6. Cut the lens into squares
7. Get the lens hot so that u can make it take shape of the light.
8. After getting the shape, apoxy/glue the lens to the light.
9. After letting it dry, take a *HOT* knife and cut off all of the extra lens
10. Then place it back on ur car.
I assume just any home improvement store.. like it almost looks like those lenses you put in your roof tiles.. to me anyways.. if anyone knows.. are the bulbs red.. or is it the painty stuff on the outside that is red?
you will have to go out and get new bulbs for your car, because the ones on the inside of the lense is clear. so go to auto zone or advance auto and pick up titan bulbs, they are bulbs that have a mirrior finish and the glow the color that they are suposed to be.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.