FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FMU Fuel Managment Unit. the cheapest and most unreliable way of fuel managment for turbo aplications. it raises the fuel pressure (X) above stock pressure (S) depending on the amount of boost (Y).

any other information you man require is in this thread:
http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=7266

----------------------------------------------------------------
well the first thing you gotta do is take a deep breath....

ok heres how it goes:

there are 2 conector deals where your fuel feed and return lines attach to the fuel rail...
they should be kind of a round deal with a spring deal inside which holds the conector to the rail. you use a "ford fuel and a/c line" detacher to unhook it. once youv unhooked it your left with a return line with a conector on it...

the fuel line should be a plastic piping on the inside witha rubbery protecter layer on the out side. usualy you just cut an inch or so of the ruber crap off...

you take a sharp cutty deal and remove the conector from the fuel line.
if you take the sharp cutty deal and then proced to remove the plastic tubage off of the conector youll notice its got barbs on it. all they did was press the fuel line over it and then heat shrink it to the conector...

now that thats out of the way:

get a few feet of fuel line and hose clamps. get a section of line and put the conector on one end , then hook the other to the "in" on the fmu....

this is the only really tricky part.. use the other pieceo f the fuel line to conect on the fmu's "out". youll have to go to the hardware store and get a pipe conector deal with barbs on both ends. put that on the other end of the fuel line and then ream it into the plastic return line.. secure everything with hose clamps.. then your done. power the system and check for leaks.. run the motor for a while without boosting to get things warm, then re tighten the hose clamps. then your done

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
K..looks good but think you should go over why some of us whoudl need this

its an FMU = I am not sure what that mesn Fuel managment Unit???lol i dhave no idea

looks like an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator. Is that all we need to do if I wanna turbo my SPi and maybe bigger injectors.

John

·
Administrator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you dont really 'need' a new pump, its just a good idea. you can run 5psi with a fmu with the stock pump fine, unless your pump is 800 years old. becides, all that info is in the turbo info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where did you get the FMU from? What brand is it. Also will it do anything performance wise if my car isn't turbo?

·
Administrator
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you dont need a pump for low boost, its just a good idea. i still avhe my stock pump and its 12 years old. i got my origonal fmu off ebay, vortec. putting an fmu on an n/a car will do nothing for you..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts