FEOA Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
There's good info on these boards. I cleaned my EGR valve myself using the info in this thread. I follow any threads that helped me so that if anyone has questions I can chime in with an answer.

Just happened that the wayback machine has some of the original images. They have a GIGANTIC donation banner on their pages right now though, so thought I'd mention it. Thinking back, archived websites have saved me a lot of expense a few times already.

/shrug

If you don't like that part of it, edit my post.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I cleaned mine when I had it all out to replace my head gasket. The intake manifold part were the EGR attached was way dirtier than the EGR valve itself. I wasn't cleaning it out because of any issue or code, just cleaning it because I had it out, and with 256K miles, I figured that there might be something to clean. The tube itself was not dirty at all.

For me it solved the really rough idle at intersections. Went from really bad (seats shaking) to old-engine-rough instead. I previously had to throw it into Neutral at intersections rather than Drive to make it more bearable.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.