FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i took out my back seat and my passenger seat. so the back of my car is bare and everything no spare tire no nothing. how much weight do u think ive taken out. If anyone knows that would be awesome. I was bored so i just did it. are there any good advantages to just taking that out or just alittle bit in performance? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Total you probably removed about 50 lbs or so. The bottom half of the rear seat only weighs about 5lbs, but the upper part is like 20lbs at least. Tire and jack about 20lbs more. I had mine all ripped out for a while but the road noise is killer when there is no rear seat. You won't really feel any performance gain from that small of a weight reductioin but it *should* do a little something for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
91sleeper said:
Total you probably removed about 50 lbs or so. The bottom half of the rear seat only weighs about 5lbs, but the upper part is like 20lbs at least. Tire and jack about 20lbs more. I had mine all ripped out for a while but the road noise is killer when there is no rear seat. You won't really feel any performance gain from that small of a weight reductioin but it *should* do a little something for you.
My wagon is completely stripped from carpet to headliner its all gone except the front seats and the dash (which will be gone once i get some cash) and i noticed the differance. I can no longer use my e-brake to break the rearend loose in corners and it just plain sticks better but it is sitting a bit higher so after im done with the stipping and rollbar its gonna have to have the adujstable springs thrown down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts