FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I'm gonna sell my scort . It's a 91 gt , red, 5spd, sunroof, and has 115,000 miles. Also has a decent sound system with two tens. It's a very reliable car so i'm not looking to just give it away....... So anyway, what do you guys think I could get out of it? :?:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
A huge part of the value depends on the mechanical and exterior condition. Assuming that it's got a couple dents, and the paint isn't super new and glossy, and the soundsystem doesn't suck, you're probably looking at around 1150 bucks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking I might ask 1500. It's such a good car I don't think I'd let it go for less.......of course theres that damn blue book value...... :wink:

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
This is none of my business, but that never stopped me before...

You car has lots of miles and years left in it. Keep it, drive it till the tranny falls off and then with the money you've saved in the five or six years that you have kept it, you can buy another used car that's ten years old.

A car is simply an expense. Find the cheapest one possible that meets your needs. I bought my first car new and then totalled it. I'm never going to buy anything newer than 10 years old again.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
1500 sounds fair, with the year/mileage/overall condition in mind. i'd buy it for that price.

but im with highanddry, keep it till it can't go another mile. you'll thank yourself later (unless it costs more per-visit to the mechanics to keep it running than the cost of it's total value).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, actually, I have three cars and i'm tired of paying insurance, tags, maintenance and so on. I hate to see it go, but I could use the cash. I'll definitely buy another some day in the future.......

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
thing is, you know what the car's been through. i can't find a relatively decent '91/'92 GT nearby me, unless it's rotted through ten times over and has over 180,000 miles.

it's your call.

but i wonder, what are your two other cars pray tell?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
2FordsandaDub said:
I was thinking I might ask 1500. It's such a good car I don't think I'd let it go for less
DeathSlinger00 said:
1500 sounds fair, with the year/mileage/overall condition in mind. i'd buy it for that price.
O.k. we know what it's worth, but you want to make sure you get that so:
Beaverboy said:
But.. ask for $2000
Then by the time you get haggled down from $2000 you'll have your $1500 instead of starting at $1500 and say getting haggled down to a G note.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Joplin Missouri... That's close (closer than others, anyways...) Grr! If only I had 1500. :p I could have a car that's slightly faster and less ugly than mine. :p But yeah, ask 2,000. There are people in St. Louis selling 2nd gen LX's with bad paint and 80 grand on them for 3,000. Drove a couple of those when I was looking for the car I drive now. (Well not really looking for it so much as... A car at all...) Kinda depends on where you live, though, I guess.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, you're probably right about asking 2 grand for the sake of hagglers. That will make them think they've really gotten to me.....hehe

I also drive a 97 Ford F150 and a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't even reply to an ad that was asking that much for the car. However, it might work for you.

Connsider getting rid of one of your other cars instead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hmmm.....

I have a 95 lx 2dr with a 5 spd, 17" rims, almost new tires, rebuilt tranny, new clutch, cd player, custom spoiler, nice exhaust, 122K miles, recent tune up, Runs great. I'm looking for approx. $1000 but will go lower if anyone is interested. (just had a kid and need a bigger car)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts