FEOA Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
It looks like Mahle does make pistons of various types, but I only see replacement pistons in their catalog for the zx2, no mention of a forged option.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a set of forged pistons from the defunct Probe racing company that are still in storage awaiting the day the Red SR needs a rebuild (Defunct SR Owner will have defunct Probe Pistons in his SR!).

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
What tires to mount to stock swirls? Looking for good grip, $100 per tire is my goal!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

Here is my 1998 ZX2, I recently did some service on it and started driving it more often. I got it in late 2017 for $1200, with 218k on it. Its got 220k now!

I just did the shifter "TSB" and its tons better, I would say better from the stock bushing ears the assembly uses. I am trying to figure out what the best wheel and tire options are, I may just go with some nice tires for the swirls or get some konig heliums!

I need a steering wheel also, if anyone has one I need one with buttons!

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Achilles ATR 2

John
For $100 per tire he can afford something better than a no-name Chinese brand. You can get the BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 in 195/55r15 for under $100 shipped from Discount Tire.

Reactions: thirdman

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
GForce sports are very nice tires. I ran them on my '03 Mustang and they were very nice. A little short on wear and a bit noisy but when you're running Flowmaster 40's, noisy tires are the least of your worries.

I've run 2 sets of Achilles AT2's on a WRX I used to own and they performed great. They were quieter than the GForces and lasted longer even with a couple test and tune open course days.

As much as I try and buy american, I can't deny that Chinese products have improved markedly throughout the years. Even their tools are becoming comparable to american made ones like Snap On or Mac.

John

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Scored my new plate! ZETEC!

trp for now lol

NICE

Attachments

·
6,040 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my red 98 ZX2 earlier this year. 114,000 miles. In really good shape. Only things that needed fixing was the CCRM and shifter bushings.

Love this car!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got her 2 months ago. 2002 with <97000 miles. Quite a few rust related replacement parts, knock a couple in for old age as well. I've done all of the repairs myself and this car drives like a dream. I think one of the greatest moments was when I realized I was out of dtc's to battle. Quite a bit of this is due to the wealth of knowledge contained within this site and all of its members.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a 2000 zx2 s/r in black a few extras different wheels and tires custom projector headlights with leds i got the car for $300 so i cant complain has the usual issues like the bumper shifter issues and the idle issue with the pvc hose but other than the wheels she is stock 98k and still kicking

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
i got a 2000 zx2 s/r in black a few extras different wheels and tires custom projector headlights with leds i got the car for $300 so i cant complain has the usual issues like the bumper shifter issues and the idle issue with the pvc hose but other than the wheels she is stock 98k and still kicking
Get to that timing belt...pretty lady you got there :)

·
Registered
72 Posts

Here is my 1998 ZX2, I recently did some service on it and started driving it more often. I got it in late 2017 for $1200, with 218k on it. Its got 220k now!

I just did the shifter "TSB" and its tons better, I would say better from the stock bushing ears the assembly uses. I am trying to figure out what the best wheel and tire options are, I may just go with some nice tires for the swirls or get some konig heliums!

I need a steering wheel also, if anyone has one I need one with buttons!
I run 195/55 R15s on my car which has those same wheels and they look good on it...

BTW, what is the shifter "TSB"?

My car looks exactly like this car but is a 1999 version...

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I run 195/55 R15s on my car which has those same wheels and they look good on it...

BTW, what is the shifter "TSB"?

My car looks exactly like this car but is a 1999 version...
TSB means Technical Service Bulletin, basically something to service that is noted across many examples - for example the 2012 MK3 USDM focus has a wire hardness that should be covered with wire sheathing. On the ZX2's shifter, the rubber bushing ears break causing the assembly to hit the exhaust shield. Its solved by putting a liquid to rubber curing adhesive that performs well in place of an actual bushing, especially for hard shifting

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Ordered coilovers for the car, went with D2 RS for adjustment needs - hopefully going to get started with on track at Pro Auto Sports here in my state. I have a list of things I would like to perform, view it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Ordered coilovers for the car, went with D2 RS for adjustment needs - hopefully going to get started with on track at Pro Auto Sports here in my state. I have a list of things I would like to perform, view it here.
I've heard good things about the D2 CO's. Wish I could justify the expense. Maybe if I get lucky and find a "Gamestop"......

John

81 - 100 of 100 Posts