FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight of a 1.8 engine ( engine and related acc. ) ? I need to pick one up, and wanted to know how much help to bring.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
two ppl should be able to lift it by a few brackets.

my friend and i both lifted and hoisted my new fully dressed 1.9 into his truck bed, and then back down again onto a pallet.

im the big one of the two and i weigh 150 at 5'9" with most the muscle being in my cranium.

so 2 good sized ppl can lift it. if ihad to guess, id say abotu 250lbs MAX.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I wanna say the block full assembled with pistons/rods/crank is about 200 lbs (gotta love those iron blocks, my brother and I struggled to carry it into my apartment.) The head with cams, gears and cam cover is between 100-150.

the two piece intake manifold is about 40.

around 390-400 for the bulk of it would be my best guess.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i manage to lift it off the pickup, but bringin it up the pickup is a different story....well this bulky legs acually came out pretty handy hehehehheheXD

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
no way it weighs that much james. i just built a 305sb for my friend with minimal accessories and just the long block was 350lbs. no way a 1.8 4 cyl with an aluminum head is going to outweigh a small block chevy v8.

ive lifted the assembled heads before right off the engine, i wouldnt have been able to do so if it weighed 100-150lbs, let alone stretched over the front of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts