FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright as if the halfshaft wasnt enough, today about an hour ago, my friendly fuel pump decided to die, as if it wasnt a such a bad time i wouldnt be upset, i had to call and reschedule a job interveiw...Lucky me. Anyways im gonna need to know an easy way to do this, with out dropping the tank if its at all possible. Im thinkin cut a hole and weld it back to gether, or hell just silicone it? id like to know if anyone else has changed a fuel pump on a 1 gen. Only because i need to get this fixed, cheap and fast. So i can sell it. And the only reason im selling it is because im buying rabs pony...the modded one he put on the board. You must remember. Anyways the sooner the better.

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, i seem to have run into a problem. On my 1989 LX, there is no door. Im sure someone here knows a nice quick way to change this thing. And where is the pump exactly, is it above the tank, or inline?
I need some more help. And another thing, how long should this take. Im sure someone changed one? i have my interior stripped also, so if its accesible from the interior thatll help.

dave

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright im blind or its not on my car, but there is no aluminum cover, if i could get a picture of this damn thing i would. So any other ways of doin this??? i need it done fairly soon, and my car is literally seatless. so insides not a problem.

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so its right infront of the tank? alright then it shouldnt be as hard as i thought, aslong as i dont have to remove the tank to change it...damn these cars...o well ill get back to it after work, if my brother didnt fix it for me already. Thanks if anyone else has some insight feel free to hit me up.

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its fixed...o yes it is fixed. And thanks for all the help, it would be great use if i had an 91 but i have a 89 Anyways, i got at it from the top, and the guy who bought the car did it for me, well i changed the pump but he cut the steel under the seat with a grinder. And it worked out perfect. Well nearly perfect. And ill post pictures somewhere some time soon. So you all can see this monstrosity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.