FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am diagnosing a problem with my serpentine belt jumping off. While testing the belt with a water hose i noticed a squeeling sound coming from the air conditioning compressor. I am thinking this is a result of water getting in the bearing. A water hose will not produce enough water to make the belt jump off although a large puddle will. To my knowledge this only happens with the A/C running.

·
Registered
461 Posts
How is the condition of the automatic belt adjuster? To remove the front A/C and clutch first remove the #8 bolt on the center after removing the bolt remove the plate (clutch) inside there is a snap ring, remove it with a snap ring plier.
At that time if is tight the compressor can be remove from its base 4 long bolts.

After removing the snap ring the pulley assembly can be taken off.

The FS10 (factory) or the dealer installed model disassembles the same way, but the clutch plate are different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you check the tensioner? I have replaced the pulley but not the tensioner itself. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
461 Posts
When the tensioner is OK or in good condition it will vibrate a little but what it is work it will move more than normal aprox 1/4 -1/2 on each wobble. Thats indicative of a tensioner that is worn.

All tensioners wobble a little under use but not to extremes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts