FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that theres those round bolts but the basterd still wont come off. On the same topic how bout the red ones thatare over like the key hole? Are those foamed on? Can i just pull um? Myreason for knowing this is cuz im in a painting mood. Already done some interior upgrades but this would be nice.
I have a 95 1.9 lx 2 door

·
Registered
8,915 Posts

You mean those red and the (orange piece thats not there)? :p

There's 6 bolts that you've probably found for the orange piece. I had to use a pair of vice grips, needle nose pliars and a couple screw drivers to get it to the point where I could get a grip on the damn bolts because of the rust. But they came off.

As for the red pieces there's 4 per piece that you need to open the trunk, and take out the interior pieces to get to. Note: there's little plastic pieces that have two round pieces you'd need to take off to get the interior pieces out...pull the center circle first and it'll come out without breaking. I broke 5 before I realized it. :x

I hope my crazy inane babbling has helped in some way. :?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well- I personally just painted over the reflector.. the paint has not came off and its been almost 6 months and i wash n wax my car regularly.. i just taped it off n got an old sheet and used glossy spray paint.. works very well.... and its alot easier then ripping that thing out and bondoing those holes.... but good luck with whichever method you choose!

Laci

here's what my scort now looks like...

·
Registered
319 Posts
well I gues si'm just a cheater.. it just seemed to be easier... which it is.. but both ways look fine if ay do it right liek james did :D

Laci

PS good luck u'll have to paint either way unless ur like the ghetto ppl around here and just leave open holes all over their cars..LoL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.