FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somw one said you remove seals inside I want to get rid of power steering in my 93 wagon i figre remving ps will free up a few extra hp on my zetec engine. i dnt want to spend 250$ on a manual rack

· Registered
6,096 Posts
i think u can run it without the pulley on the steering pump and get a shorter belt, easy way.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Yup, my pressure line developed a leak and dumped fluid. I didn't have the needed tools at the time and don't have A/C on my 1.8L. I just cut the belt off and that was like 3 years ago LOL. I do intend to get a new line to help with low speed turning with my smaller wheel, plus the "lighter" feeling wheel with power allows me to make faster turns/transitions.

· Registered
1,335 Posts
i believe you just take the lines off and turn the wheel back and forth until you've pumped all the fluid out. i may be wrong, but aren't you still pushing against the fluid if you just go to a shorter belt? kinda defeats the purpose if so

· Registered
6,096 Posts
my guess would be if the pulley is off then it wouldn't have power since the pump isn't priming but with all the lines still attached it would probably help a little bit at a stand still

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.