I'm installing new speakers in my doors in my 99' Ford Escort Lx and I"m not sure how to take off the doors. I don't want to try and do it because I'll probably do something wrong. I need some advice. Please
1. There is a star screw behind the door handle, remove that
2. There is another screw in the hand pocket you use to close the door, star also. Remove that.
3. Examine the window crank. The is a C shaped clip holding the window crank handles on. Push DOWN with a really small screwdriver on one of the ENDS of the C-Clip, and it will slip off.
4. Once all those are done, remove the 2 self tapping plastic panel holders in the corner that are completely visible, you just pull the middle of them out, and they come out.
5. Go around the corners of the doors, and pull. Not too hard, but enough to pop out the stock grommets. Once all of this is done, pull out, and up slowly. You need to lift the panel up and over so it clears the door locking mechanism.