FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,547 Posts
I think the 'hook' is only to ensure you have the fitting lined up properly on the caliper. That is, with the fitting at the proper angle, the hose wont ever rub against the tire. So as long as you bolt it on that way, and torque the banjo bolt down to whatever value it should be....it ought to be fine.

· Super Moderator
10,547 Posts
I got a set of those brake hoses 2 or 3 years ago from www.rockauto.com. You put in your make, year, model; then click on the brake/wheel/hub link, and within that you click on hydraulic hose, and there are tiny images of the parts. Clicking on the image enlarges it.

As far as I know you would be able to get them at most any auto parts store. In order to be legal for sale to be used in passenger cars I think they all have to be built to meet a federal standard anyway.

I needed to replace the front brake hoses on a friend's Honda Civic EX. Several of my usual auto parts places didnt have listings for them; told me they were 'dealer only items'. The local Honda dealer said they could order them if I prepaid - about $40 each. I ordered them from rockauto for $30 for the pair including shipping & 4 days later the Fedex driver walked in my driveway and handed them to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.