Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, is anyone else here missing the hockey season as much as I am??? I know I've resorted to watching baseball, and am actually considering buying NHL 2005 for my computer or X-Box and just watching the season on there, 1 game per day - it's almost real, the fights, the injuries, the chance or either team winning, I can watch any of the teams play (GO TORONTO!!!), and well, I'm just sad. Does anyone know how the strike talks are going either? I haven't been able to find anything, and it SUCKS!!!

I just wish that the damn players would suck up the salary caps, I know I'd be pisssed having a huge cut like some of them, but they're making enough that they can get anything they want anyways!!!

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Well, I tried to vote (the WHO CARES faction was winning) but this site owned me - I couldn't submit my uselessness.

Hockey is next to godliness. What is happening this year is an unpardonable tragedy. I love football, don't mind baseball, couldn't care about basketball and outright hate curling. But hockey is just a great sport. Yeah I'm Canadian, but I never played organized hockey.

Dumb f*cks like you and me will never know even half the story. The media paints whatever picture they want, based on whatever "facts" they chose to emphasize and ignore. The players make obscene amounts of money - that is undeniable. If the owners have agreed to those contracts, then so be it. Can anyone here argue against any employee bargaining for the best wage he can get? No. It's just my boss won't pay me $1,000/minute to do the job I do.

There will be no season. The NHL will suffer enormously south of the border, resulting in contraction. I say great - the league is too big. Let's just hope that what happens south of the border doesn't mirror what happened north of the border after the baseball strike.

God plays hockey every day.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
voting works now .... server was taken offline (slowly) for some reason late last night. trying to get ahold of the host to talk with them. everything is back now and it's good to go.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just saw this today, and well, there are more talks this Thursday... keep voting people! LOL!

And shut the puck up
We all miss our teams
You’ve turned out the lights
On every little boy’s dreams
Call it a strike or a lockout
Call it what you wish
I call it a kick in the @$$ to the fans who made you rich
So SHUT THE PUCK UP!

found this from the hockey lockout website... thought it was an added touch

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TORONTO - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman today released the following statement:

"The Union presented us with a proposal today that, clearly, they worked on for a long time. We wanted to give it at least a preliminary review before making any comments.

"We will not discuss any of the specifics until we formally respond to the Union. To do otherwise would not be constructive to this process. However, I will acknowledge that one aspect of the proposal is very significant. That element is a recognition by the Union of our economic condition -- but it is a 'one-time' element.

"We have said consistently that the focus must be on the overall systemic issues and the long-term needs and health of the game. We will fully review the Union's proposal and respond next Tuesday. It is our present intention to make a counter-proposal."
This meaning... the comissioner likes it, but cause he's too damn stubborn, so he has to make it sound like he's got something useful to say, so he's gonna make something slightly changed, get it accepted, and we're gonna have hockey... hopefully as soon as a week from now!!! YAY!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I think things look a lot better after the meetings...the players are starting to realize the league doesn't work if they make 10million a season. It's a start...who knows. I'm still boycotting the season though. Ha. Rich asses.
GO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
The owners will come back with a counter-offer that is not substantially different from what they have been saying all along. They won't agree to anything without a salary cap.

There will not be hockey this season.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
You're not a Leafs Fan Juggernaut?? Haha...
I was a hardcore Flames supporter last year's playoffs...and they should have won in game 6?? A goal that was in and wasn't reviewed...bahh.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could be wrong... I just heard something on the radio, but I can't find it online... but I think that the season is definetly saved... they said something about it wasn't to save the season, but rather it was for the long term... to me that would imply that they are saving it.... I couldn't get my girlfriend to stop talking on the phone quick enough! LOL!

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would have to agree with highanddry... but on a side note, highanddry I've noticed that you seem to be quite the atheist... so you can have your bear trap out, but I now know ur height, weight, looks of the house somewhat, idea of the car, what ur dog looks like, and due to the atheist part, I would assume you would be wearing dark colors.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Juggernaut said:
I was quoting for emphasis and support. :D
Haha, beauty!
There's a chance of a season now, they're talking at least, the PA has put a decent proposal forward. We'll just have to wait and see how stubborn Bettman's gonna be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts