FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday after picking my wife up from work for lunch we are traveling in the left lane (next to the turn lane). Out of nowhere the idiot next to me yanks the wheel to the left to make the trailer park entrance (Avoiding all jokes about trailer parks!). So luckily I saw it JUST in time to slam on my brakes and swerve left as well. Came to a screeching halt in the middle lane... I was extended into oncoming traffic maybe half a foot. He made contact with me on the right front. So as we are bothing swearing things that would make sailors blush...the little SOBs take off!!!! So needles to say so did I! Pinned their punk asses in at the next light as I jump out and look at the damage. I SHOULD have proceeded to rip his little punk ass out of the car and inserted my foot into his ass. I however decided this probably wouldn't be the best idea being that I was unarmed. So I get back in the vehicle in time for the light to turn green and them to take off. and I mean take OFF. I'm not going to give all the details because well thats a dumb idea. Lets just say I stayed with them. He panicked like a little girl and entered a residential area. At which point I backed off. No need to put the innocent at risk at this point. So we decided to keep them in sight until we could find either a cop or a good place to hit the pay phones. Turns out they were even dumber than I thought and we cought up to them two blocks later. so they cranked through a hotel parking lot. I started to chase but then saw a hotel employee. Luckily They had a cell phone and let us call the cops.

Had to give up the chase but these idiots were driving so bad I wouldn't be suprised if they would have killed somone. So we waited for the cops. Good news is we took the time to do the full "Hit and Run" reports and everything. Cop took pictures of the damage and all that important stuff. We were able to give her the Lic Plate number... just not the state. It was covered. But we were able to give a lot of detail on the designs and stuff so the cop was pretty confidant that they would be able to track the plate down.

Now the kicker... The damage is basically nothing.... There are some scuffs and scratches on the corner of the bumper. If they had stopped and at least looked somewhat sorry I'd probably have let it go. However they decided to run like a bunch of pinko commy punks. So... I hope they either had a warrent out already.... or better yet in about 6 months get pulled over in whatever state they are from and learn they have a warrent in AZ that they have to get hauled in for... mwahahaha

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. this was in the 1 month old Escape. Which handles amazingly well for its size. I found the limits of the stock tires though... maybe time for some Kumhos!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
DAYUM.. wtg, not landing your shoes in their rectums... A hit and run is a felony is most places (in AZ as well, I suppose),.. so they'll get theirs :twisted:

Glad you're okay.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
How can people be so utterly stupid!! They must have known you'd get their license number. Do let us all know what happens - if you find out that is.

Just a sweet little story - my mum used to drive a tiny Fiat 500 (my dad bought it for her as an anniversary joke!). She bumped the car behind whilst reversing into a parking space; there was a tiny mark on both bumpers but nothing much at all. She left her name and address under the other car's front wiper. That evening a young chap turned up at the house with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocs., telling her it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for him!! Ahh!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
probably do whatever I can. It was only the fact that I saw it in time that kept my wife from possibly serious injury. Thank god the Escape handled well enough to do what it did without losing traction. I don't take kindly to that. Like I said if they had been a "man" and taken responsibility I could probably let it go as a mistake that any one of us could have made. if you were dumb enough to litterly yank the wheel accross two lanes of traffic without looking! However they didn't! they even laughed as they took off. I don't see any reason to let the punks off if they are found. I'm not a hardass if someone gives me a good reason I'll consider it. If people don't teach their kids respect I guess I'll have too. Next time maybe someone will get hurt badly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
some people just cant drive.. thats good tho no one was hurt.. its good to hear u caught up with the ....excuse me.. "buttheads"

·
Registered
395 Posts
Man, I would have blocked them at the light jumped out and asked the guy behind to do the same and called the cops. I have had my car hit in parking lots and no one ever left a note or anything. I was once found guilty of hit and run when this lady wasn't looking and plowed into me at like 50 mph I jumped out and made sure she was O.K. but I had to excuse myself before the police arrived because I had warrants at the time so I bailed. Unfortunately my car could not come with me as it was rendered undriveable. As a result even though it was her fault I was cited for negligent driving and hit and run for my failure to remain at the scene and exchange information with her. Her insurance company used my negligent driving ticket to sue me for the price of her shiny new cadillac and though the accident was her fault, the court found that I was on a suspended license therefore, I was ordered to pay for her car.The moral of the story is that even if you are not at fault you must remain at the scene until police arrive and, that even if you have some problems with the police, if you don't face the music the problems get worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts