FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this noise in my car ( 91 gt ) that when i axcellerate it makes a rattling/hissing noise kind of like a bad turbo sound and i get oil all over my head cover where the spark plugs go. i pulled out the plugs and there isnt any oil on then so it isnt that plz help email me at [email protected] plz tell me if you can thx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like a pcv problem. Check the valve and the hoses, that could contribute to the oil leak, and the hissing could be caused by a vacuum leak. So checking your pcv system would be a good start.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
maybe I should replace my pcv as well, I also hear this hissing sound at WOT while accelerating. it can get pretty annoying, but now I can´t hear it over my system.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
maybe its the vaccuum pcv hose that is cracked....mine was full of little cracks and was forced to replace it...it might be your vavlve cover gasket that is broked too..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i checked my pcv valve and it has vacume to it how will i tell if it is no good. and the spot where the pcv valve goes into the valve cover that is rubber can you replace that or no?

[ This message was edited by: soolee on 04-05-2003 08:10 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts