FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but there is a banner add on here that is triggering my anti-virus program quite a bit recently. It pops up with a warning message, and the risk level is "High". I am using Trend Micro's OfficeScan console, which works very well. Has anyone else been getting this warning?

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use malwarebytes, ad-aware, and spybot s&d that I use for malware. I also use Glary Utilities and TempCleaner. All of these programs work very well for keeping my computer clean. The Trend Micro OfficeScan console is something that my company requires as it's live anti-virus. I also use Trend Micro's Hyjack This to keep my registry clean.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Have you tried going into msconfig and seeing what's in startup and/or services that shouldn't be? Some things may have to be removed manually. Also, are you current on OS security patches and are running a bi-directional firewall? You should be.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
And no, the built-in firewall for Windows XP doesn't count. Windows Vista and 7 do. If you see a blank entry (no description) in either startup or services, you can almost guarantee it is malware. If there's something you don't recognize the name or path of, it is suspect. Try disabling it. If you want, you can always enable it later. To cut to the meat of services, check the hide Microsoft services box.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I'm curious how much junk TempCleaner catches after running Glary. Is it worth it to do both? Right now I just use Glary's one button cleanup and their registry defrag. What more value add am I getting from TempCleaner above and beyond that?

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The OfficeScan console has the firewall built in. They have it locked down, so I cannot make any changes to it. It works pretty well, I only have gotten a virus on it once. Running the anti-malware always turns up that nothing has infected my computer, but I always run them several times a week anyway.

As for TempCleaner(called TempFileCleaner on download.com I believe), it is a little more destructive than Glary. You can set it up to be very destructive in it's cleaning, which I like. My buddy had a virus on his computer that he couldn't get rid of, and I was able to nip it in the bud with the TempCleaner, and then the anti-virus programs finished off the job.

I was just curious if anyone else was getting a virus warning from the one banner that sometimes pops up at the top of the FEOA window. OfficeScan stops it from loading, so I am not even sure which banner add it is. Oh well... guess it doesn't matter... just curious

·
My old archenemy, RAKES!
6,146 Posts
Hmm. No warnings here (running the latest CA package), but I do wonder which banner it is that's being blocked. Shame it doesn't tell you the path or whatever. It would be funny if it were the one with all the messed up teeth.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh... I have a link to the add... I just didn't want anyone to click it. If you are really interested, here it is:

DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK

http://adserving.cpxinteractive.com/st?ad_type=iframe

DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK

it is still giving me the error every time this specific add pops up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dave94LX said:
oh... I have a link to the add... I just didn't want anyone to click it. If you are really interested, here it is:

DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK

http://adserving.cpxinteractive.com/st?ad_type=iframe

DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK
DO NOT CLICK

it is still giving me the error every time this specific add pops up.
well i just clicked it and it showed a blank screen.

i use avast antivirus (comes with a live scanner) Spybot S&D, ad-aware se personal and malware bytes anti-malware and NEVER had a problem with the ads on this site

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
Dave94LX, the virus king!

I guess it's not just cardomain anymore....

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know, right?

I've got this laptop so locked down, I better never get a virus on here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dave94LX said:
I know, right?

I've got this laptop so locked down, I better never get a virus on here.
you should be fine honestly im more of a pc guy than a car guy but as long as u dont download nothing from a "high risk" site you would be good. Your antivirus just warns you before hand NOT to go so your safe(r) and avoid it all together.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
none of the ads are viruses. the ads come from major ad networks who preview the ads before letting them go live. you are safe when browsing on this site. if you happened to know which ad was causing this i could look into it more. the link you gave doesn't help, it's part of the code. but it doesn't say which ad or size or location.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.